Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the purpose of the school? The purpose of the school is simply to grow deeper in your love for Jesus and find clarity for a lifetime of following Him.
2. How long is the school? The school is broken up into 6 courses that each last 6 weeks in length. One course is offered per quarter (Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer). If taken in consecutive order, one can complete the school in 1.5 years. We encourage people to complete the school within a 3 year time frame.
3. What is the cost? The total cost is $1500 per student, $2500 per couple. This comes out to $250 ($416.60 for couples) per course. Students can chose to pay per course as they progress throughout the program or pay all at once (will take $100 off total tuition). Tuition covers books, rent, guest speakers, child care, and other instruction materials.
4. When is tuition due? For each course we ask that a $50 non-refundable deposit be put down a week before class starts. By the first day of school an additional $100 is required. By week 3 of the school the remainder of the course tuition must be paid in full.
5. How many books do we read? 1-2 books per course along with various Bible reading.
6. What is the estimated out-of-class time commitment? We ask that all students be part of a lifegroup and serve on Sunday mornings (once a month). Most reading will be done outside of class, which could take 1-4 hours each week depending on your reading speed. There will also be weekly teaching videos posted online.
7. Is there a policy on alcohol or dating? No
8. Is there an absence policy? We ask that students do their best to make 100% of the classes. With each course being only 6 weeks long, it's imperative for students to be present as much as possible to gain the full class experience. Obviously, emergencies may cause a student to miss one class and those situations will be evaluated as needed.
9. Can anyone join the school? The school is open to anyone over the age of 18. Part of the application process is determining if the school is a right fit and the right timing for the applicant.
10. Does tuition cover the mission trip at the end of the school year? No, but we will provide training and support to help you raise support.
For all other questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.